If you're anything like me, you've always got a TON of leftovers after a holiday...and since Easter brunch is so often full of fresh, seasonal veggies, it's IMPERATIVE that you use 'em up QUICKLY! It's day 5...and if you've still got veggies to use, then have no fear...my "Easter Salad" is here! Not only is it pretty to look at, but also it's pretty delicious! The veggies are totally "swappable"--use what ya got! Whatever combo of veggies you use, it's sure to be delicious...plus, you've successfully used up the rest of your Easter veggies. Double whammy! Enjoy!
Ingredients--makes 2 small servings
1. 1 cup cauliflower "rice" (I served purple cauliflower on Easter...for real! There's orange, purple, and I think green, too!)
2. 4 medium radishes, sliced
3. 4 fresh (raw) asparagus spears, chopped into 1" chunks
4. 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
5. 2 T apple cider vinegar
6. Salt, to taste
7. 1 T fresh mint, chopped
8. Anna's Organics "Vegan Feta Cheeze," for garnish
1. Combine all ingredients (except Vegan Feta) in a large mixing bowl and toss well to combine. Cover and let marinate for 1 hour (optional, but it adds a nice tangy touch).
2. Divide between two bowls and top with feta. Garnish with more fresh mint, if desired.
3. Serve chilled, with Anna's "Favorite Flax Crackers."