I'm all about conventional food. So when I created this INSANELY DELICIOUS Strawberry Watermelon Frozen Nogurt, and then stuck it inside the watermelon to eat it, I was just so thrilled with myself I had to share the recipe. (Just kidding...I was going to share it anyway. Now it's just doubly as cute as it would've been!)
This frosty refreshing treat is loaded with vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants, and oh yeah...absolutely amazing tasting. Don't have any basil on hand? You can totally use dried...or substitute fresh mint for a nice change up!
Strawberry Watermelon Frozen Nogurt with Fresh Basil
Recipe by: Anna Johnson, Owner
Anna's Organics LLC
1. 2 cups fresh watermelon chunks, frozen
2. 1-1/2 cups frozen strawberries
3. 1/4 cup Anna's Organics Vegan Nogurt
4. Handful fresh basil, torn
5. 1/4 cup coconut water
1. Run frozen fruit under cold running water briefly to break apart icy parts.
2. Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender (such as a Vitamix or Blendtec) and turn on low speed. Allow to "chop" fruit thoroughly. Gradually increase the speed, using the blender's tamper to aid in "creaming."
3. Turn on high power and keep plunging/tamping until very smooth and creamy.
4. Spoon Frozen Nogurt into hollow watermelon "bowl" (shell) and top with Anna's Organics "Protein Puppy Chow" (optional, but recommended!).